Thursday, March 01, 2007

Before, it was hate crimes; now it is hate titles

Back in the day (around the 90s or something), the government had a new crime in the books, called "hate laws" or "hate speech", when the judge added more money to the fines, and/or more years to the sentence...simply for a thought. Now, it's against the law for someone to address someone else with a certain title. New York City banned the N-word in public conversation. The "offense" has no penalty as of yet, but if the people (mainly blacks) keep using the term, the penalty isn't out of the question.

Now I personally don't like using it, and it isn't a part of my everyday speech. The paper said, and I agree, that the N-word is the most vulgar phrase in the English language. But I also don't use the F-word, or the D-word, or the P-word, or the C-word; I believe that it makes someone look intelligent saying the proper words. But I don't call the law if someone else uses the aforementioned words. Besides, for me, the N-word means a low-life person, usually black, but not quite. My ex-girlfriend used to date a white convict, with a foul mouth and a mean spirit. That man (sic) was the epiphany of the N-word.

There is an old children's saying: "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me." It is just words. If the N-word (et al) offends you, then leave. If you are big and brave enough, say something offensive back to the guilty person, but don't involve the law. Involving the police makes you look like a "P-word". But, as government (and some people) goes, some people (usually blacks) keep saying it, other people get offended by it, government starts a penalty, the police looks for people to say the word, this police arrest the perpetrator...and America is turning more and more to a police state...for something they said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home